We live in a time of virgins and whores, anorexia and obesity, creationists and atheists, and... Republicans and Democrats.
Where is the center?
We spend so much time worrying about terrorist extremists attacking our nation, but the real danger isn't from them. It's from us. The extremists we should be worrying about are the ones next door, on the nets, down the street, in the newspaper, one county over, on tv, one state up, in the movies. On Capitol Hill.
These are the men and women who will bring our nation down with their petty speeches and futile disputes that get us nowhere except....nope, just nowhere. Because they have to fight every inch of the way. We're either eating too much or too little. We're too rich or too poor. We're opiated masses or eternally damned, sluts or prudes, freely willed or predestined.
We can't ever be both.
Can't we ever be both?
I'm coming out. I'm a member of a rare, if not extinct species.
We're called moderates, and we're less popular than George W. Bush. Probably. We confuse people because we can't ever just agree or disagree, we have to compromise and explain and think, occasionally.
Thinking can be hard.
I am a moderate. I believe in monogamy, exercise, and moderate politicians, if they exist. I don't believe in free will or determinism, creationism or atheism, or anything else that's painted as black and white.
I see in color.
"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold"- William Butler Yeats.
America is falling apart. I pray the center will hold.
Where is the center?
We spend so much time worrying about terrorist extremists attacking our nation, but the real danger isn't from them. It's from us. The extremists we should be worrying about are the ones next door, on the nets, down the street, in the newspaper, one county over, on tv, one state up, in the movies. On Capitol Hill.
These are the men and women who will bring our nation down with their petty speeches and futile disputes that get us nowhere except....nope, just nowhere. Because they have to fight every inch of the way. We're either eating too much or too little. We're too rich or too poor. We're opiated masses or eternally damned, sluts or prudes, freely willed or predestined.
We can't ever be both.
Can't we ever be both?
I'm coming out. I'm a member of a rare, if not extinct species.
We're called moderates, and we're less popular than George W. Bush. Probably. We confuse people because we can't ever just agree or disagree, we have to compromise and explain and think, occasionally.
Thinking can be hard.
I am a moderate. I believe in monogamy, exercise, and moderate politicians, if they exist. I don't believe in free will or determinism, creationism or atheism, or anything else that's painted as black and white.
I see in color.
"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold"- William Butler Yeats.
America is falling apart. I pray the center will hold.

No comments:
Post a Comment